All payments will need to be made in full at the time of booking. We do not take provisional bookings and cannot guarantee your place on a course until we receive full payment. We accept Mastercard & Visa credit cards and Switch & Maestro debit cards.
Once you have made your booking, we will send you confirmation of your order by email to your nominated email address. In the unlikely event we do not accept your booking (for example, if the course becomes fully booked before your payment is processed), we will fully refund any amounts already paid by you.
Please take care when booking your course as once the course is booked we cannot transfer the booking to different dates.
Cancelations and refunds
For the avoidance of doubt cancelations can only be accepted via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If the cancelation is more than 7 days before your booking your money will be refunded minus a 25% deposit. If the cancelation is within 7 days of the course you will be responsible for full payment of the course in all circumstances. We do recommend that you take out single event insurance to cover any losses you may incur if you need to cancel the course for reasons beyond your control.
You may request to send another person in your place however you must provide us in advance with the name, dietary requirements and contact details of anyone attending in your place. While we will do our best to accommodate your request, if that alternative person’s requirements for the course are significantly different to your own, we reserve the right to reject that request.
We reserve the right to cancel your course by giving you notice. In the unlikely event that we cancel a course, we will either offer a suitable transfer to an alternative date or course or, if there is no suitable alternative date or course, a full refund of any course fees already paid at time of cancellation. Unfortunately, we cannot be held liable for any third party costs, such as travel bookings or accommodation.
Course bookings paid for using gift vouchers carry the same cancellation policy as above. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or used in any other area of the business, so if you are unable to make your course, you may contact us to nominate a replacement (although the cancellation terms above will apply). Gift vouchers are valid for one year from date of issue.
Health and safety
We take health and safety very seriously and ask that you do the same. When attending a course, you must comply with all our instructions in respect of health and safety. Please ensure that you wear appropriate footwear (e.g. flat covered shoes ) and sensible clothing. We are not liable for any damage that occurs to clothing or other personal items. Long hair must be tied back in the kitchen and no jewellery should be worn. For any food taken away from the cookery school, we will provide full preparation instructions, however attendees take food away at their own risk.
Any property belonging to students is brought to ‘Salt Cookery School’ at the student’s own risk and the proprietors accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to the property of any students, nor do they accept any liability for any personal injury to any student.
Special dietary requirements
Please inform us at the time of making your booking of any allergies, disabilities, diabetes, pregnancy, epilepsy, learning difficulties or other circumstances, which may affect you in participating in the course. Where you have allergies or dietary requirements, we will do our best to accommodate these but we may be unable to tailor our course content to your special dietary requirements. We will be happy to discuss course content beforehand to allow you to make your own alternative eating arrangements if it is not something we can accommodate.
Fees and dates are quoted as at the time of going to press. We reserve the right to make alterations as and where relevant. You will be notified immediately of any changes. Our cookery school uses induction hobs which should be used with care by anyone who has a pacemaker.
Special event and guest chef night terms and conditions
- All payments will need to be made in full at the time of booking. We do not take provisional bookings and cannot guarantee your place at an event until we receive full payment.
- For these events we can not accept any strict dietary requirements or adapt dishes to suit particular tastes, these experiences are special events and the menu will be a surprise on the evening.
- Fee covers food for the event only unless otherwise stated
- As this is a pre-paid event so no refund will be issued, Should you need to cancel you may request to send another person in your place.
- For the avoidance of doubt cancelations can only be accepted via email to email@example.com.
- This event ticket is non transferable and cannot be used in any other area of the business.
- It is recommended that you arrange event insurance to cover your event ticket should you need to cancel for reasons beyond your control.
- We reserve the right to cancel the event at anytime, in this very unlikely event we will offer a transfer to a suitable event or offer a refund or event.
- If we are forced to cancel unfortunately, we cannot be held liable for any third party costs, such as travel bookings or accommodation.