Covid 19 queries
COVID VOUCHER UPDATE – To ensure everyone has time to use vouchers affected by lockdowns over the past 18 months, all vouchers with an expiry date between 1st April 2020 and 31st August 2021 have now been extended to expire 30th November 2021. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer extensions beyond this date.
As of 3rd September 2020 Salt will be back and as strong as ever. We have made some minor changes to our operation to make you feel as comfortable as possible without affecting your experience with us. Please find below a list of things we are doing to keep everyone safe
- Alcohol hand sanitiser will be available on entrance to the restaurant and in two other areas in the restaurant.
- Guests will be asked to keep their own coats to limit congestion and contact at the front door.
- Front of house staff will wear masks.
- Communal items such as wine menus and our card machine will sanitised between every use.
- Our tables will be spread out to give guests much more space whilst dining.
- Our toilets will be checked even more regularly and all contact points such as door handles will be cleaned between use.
- Toilet area to be used by one guest per time to limit congestion.
- All food menus will be single use so guests can take them away with them.
- Bookings will be staggered as much as possible to spread out arrival and leaving times.
- Smoking and vaping will be allowed only at the front of the restaurant on the path.
- Contactless payment will be encouraged where possible.
Do you cater for large parties?
Bookings for tables up to 6 covers can be made online and this is the largest table we take in our restaurant. In our cookery school we take tables of 4-10 people please email email@example.com for enquiries. The menu is a surprise tasting menu that is decided on the day prices at £110 for lunch and £92.50 for dinner per head this price includes the food only.
Do you have wheelchair access?
Unfortunately, our Grade II listed building is restrictive for wheelchair access. The front of the restaurant is accessible on a ground floor level, but the toilets aren’t large enough to accommodate wheelchairs.
Are there baby changing facilities?
We don’t currently have any baby changing facilities in the restaurant.
Do you do children’s menus?
Whilst we welcome children to dine at Salt we do not offer a children’s menu.
Can I bring my dog?
Well behaved small dogs are welcome in the front section of the restaurant with prior notice only.
Is there any parking available?
- Parking on Church Street – We have on street parking right outside the restaurant, along the whole of Church Street. During the day (8am – 6pm) parking is restricted to a maximum of 2 hours for a charge, but is free throughout the evening.
- Church Street Car Park – On the opposite side of the road, behind the Windmill Public House. This is a restricted pay-and-display car park and is available for guests use during:
Monday to Friday 6pm to midnight, Weekends and Bank Holidays 24 hours.
- Rother Street Car Park NCP – A multi-storey car park just 10 minutes’ walk away from Salt which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- On Sundays some local streets in zone 7 are free all day.
I’ve had the best experience; how do I say thanks?
It means a lot to us and the team when we hear we’ve done a good job. If you want to leave your waiter/waitress a tip, you’ll be happy to know these are split between the team. If you would like to leave us a positive review on social media or via Tripadvisor, we would be most grateful.
I haven’t had the best experience. Who do I tell?
We pride ourselves on the food and service we offer and aim to resolve any issues as soon as possible. You should always let your waiter/waitress know if anything is not right as we like to do our best to deal with problems straight away and make sure everyone leaves the restaurant happy. If you have a concern you’d like to raise after your visit, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I bring a birthday cake to the restaurant?
We are happy for guests to bring in their own birthday cake to celebrate with their party, however, if the cake is intended to substitute a course from the restaurant then a ‘cakeage’ fee will apply. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
Do you cater for dietary requirements?
Unfortunately we can not cater for guests with the following dietary restrictions; Vegan, Dairy, Egg or any constraints that pose a serious risk to a customer’s health and wellbeing.
Do you sell gift vouchers?
We offer gift vouchers to the value of £20, £30, £50, £100, £200, £250 and £300 and they are available to be used on food and drink purchases in the restaurant. We also offer treats such as tasting menus and cookery school experiences. Gift vouchers can be purchased online via the website https://salt.vouchable.co.uk
Whilst we can sell gift vouchers at the restaurant we unfortunately do not keep any hard copies at on site.
Seating (front and back sections of restaurant)
The restaurant is split into two sections; a smaller front dining area which can accommodate 3 tables and the back dining area, with a view of the open kitchen. All of our customers have their preferences on where to sit. Being larger, the back room tends to be livelier, and you can watch the team cooking and serving the food. The front dining area has a lovely relaxed ambience, and the opportunity to watch passers-by along the beautiful historic street through the large front window. Whilst we try to seat customers according to their preference, we cannot guarantee specific table requests.
Why do you have a cancellation policy?
Salt is a small independent restaurant and as such, our continued viability relies on reservations being honoured by our guests or sufficient notice being given of any changes.
We use the best quality ingredients and the majority of our food is made from scratch every day, including our delicious malt bread. In order to deliver the highest quality, freshest dishes, we order ingredients on a weekly basis based on the bookings we have taken. When reservations are not upheld, or changes are made, we unfortunately have to discard any unused ingredients as we do not freeze batches of food.
We hope you understand the reasons for our cancellation policy and we do always try to avoid it where possible. If you are in the position that you have to cancel or amend your booking outside of the 48-hour notice period, we always do our best to re-sell the table and if we are able to do this, we will waive the fee.
I’m interested in working at Salt. Who do I contact?
We are a small team here at Salt and positions don’t often become available. However, if you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to email@example.com and we can always arrange for you to come for a stage to see how we work.